For more extensive artist's bio, articles and list of exhibitions, visit artist(s) website(s). Many of the images displayed on this site are copyrighted, and are used here only for purposes of education or critical review. All rights are reserved by the artists who created the works referenced herein.

Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks. Simonides

Daniela Ovtcharov and Vladimir Ovtcharov




In 1989 I finished the National Academy of art, in Sofia-Bulgaria specializing in conservation and restoration of art. Since I was 33 I have lived in Albuquerque New Mexico.

Through my paintings I want to force people to imagine and fantasize. I want to free them from the mass culture and societal clichés that have been put on them.

The darkness and obscurity can not be removed, but with a single candle can be lightened.

The art will save humanity, eventually.



Daniela Ovtcharov

















































Vladimir Ovtcharov





I was born in 1963, in Sofia, Bulgaria. In 1981 I graduated from middle school of applied arts. In 1989 I graduated from National Academy of Art, specializing in silicate design. At 22 I met my wife Daniela, which has changed not only my social status, but also the direction of my art. From her, I learned icon making technique, which I still use. In my paintings I try to find the darkness in light and light in darkness.

Art is beautiful and I’m glad to be part of it.

Vladimir Ovtcharov











No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

Labels

Related Posts with Thumbnails